Friday, September 26, 2008

Store's Up!!



(Sort of...)

Check out Unplanned Peacock Studio - the beta version of my hand dyed yarn and fiber store!  Let me know what you think.  Granted, right now there's not a ton of yarns on there - YET.   I have dyed NINETY FIVE skeins of yarn in the last month that are just sitting in the studio, waiting to have someone adopt them and knit them into beautiful objets d'art.  It is going to take me until the middle of next week to add them all to the store and then make it all beautiful.  So anticipate many changes to this website, and my main website (which will be a new one that will link to this blog), and whatever else I can come up with.

If you have comments, don't be shy - I'm flying by the seat of my pants on all of this online business stuff.  

I promise it will all get more exciting as time goes on!!

3 comments:

AlphaGlam03 said...

Just happened upon your Hyena Cart store the other day while looking for yarn, and was excited to see you're in the Blue Ridge mtns! I am a couple hours north of you, outside of Leesburg VA, also in the Blue Ridge mtns. I would looooove to see some of your yarns worked up (esp Waterlily) if you ever get a chance to do swatches. I may not be able to wait though, my "buy it now" trigger finger is getting itchy!!
Semi-related note - By any chance are you going to be showcasing your yarns at the Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival on Oct 25-26?

Natasha Laity Snyder said...

Swatches are forthcoming! I'm also going to do some sample scarves, etc. Waterlily is very pretty pink and orange yarn - mostly pink with a little variation. It's lovely, esp. in the Falkland. I'm going to have more stuff up as soon as I get it skeined, so keep checking back!

I'd love to do a fiber festival in the future, but right now, I'm mostly focusing on Internet sales. I also have the Dye your Own Socks Day here once a month, if you'd like to come down for a workshop and mini-vacation.

Natasha Laity Snyder said...

Also- If you'd like a different weight or fiber content of yarn with an existing colorway (there are a few that can't be duplicated but Waterlily isn't one of those), just ask. Prices will be the same or similar to other yarns in the shop with the same fiber content/weight. For example, any merino/nylon sock yarn is going to be $23 for a 500 yd skein.